Missions work doesn’t just mean spending a year living overseas working at a rural hospital. There are ongoing ways to serve locally, there are one-time local service opportunities, and there are work teams that respond to regional needs. Swing a hammer, stir some gumbo, share the love of God through service to others. Everyone is welcome. Everyone is needed.
- Delta Grace Youth Mission Trip – June 28 to July 2, 2021 – youth need chaperones for their mission trip to Delta Grace. To learn more about Delta Grace, follow this link: https://deltagrace.org. Contact Melissa Enis at Melissa@gracehappens.org to volunteer.
- Chaperones needs for middle school mystery trip – July 15-17, 2021 – Contact Melissa Enis at Melissa@gracehappens.org to volunteer.
- Common Ground: We have adopted a classroom at Common Ground and the work is almost complete! Pictures and video coming soon. We will be preparing a list of items needed to make the classroom complete in the near future, so come back to see us soon to see how you can help!
- Lake Charles Hurricane Relief: How can you help with hurricane relief efforts? For now, visit the page for The Louisiana Conference of the United Methodist Church, here: https://www.la-umc.org/newsdetail/how-to-help-14230443
- On Easter Sunday, the fish basket offering will be collected for University UMC in Lake Charles.
- Coming Soon: University UMC in Lake Charles, Pastor Angela Bulhof will be providing us information on future ways we can help their congregation. Come back to our page to find opportunities to give and serve.
- Louisiana Advocates for Immigrants in Detention (LAAID): For months now, state-wide volunteers have been working through Louisiana Advocates for Immigrants in Detention (LAAID) to provide the periodically needed care for released detainees returning home. Now, in record numbers, LA detained immigrants are being released, requiring increased efforts in volunteering from LAAID organizers. As a result, grassroots LAAID volunteers in Shreveport are stepping in to help carry more of the load. As they prepare for more released detainees to travel out of Shreveport in the coming weeks, they are looking for individuals or groups who are willing to directly or monetarily provide housing, meals, and/or clothing for those awaiting flights home. Visit their page for more information: https://laaid.org/
Vickie Rech, firstname.lastname@example.org