Welcome Ministry provides a welcoming, helping, and comfortable atmosphere for all who enter our campus for worship, classes, support groups, and civic/cultural activities – that special brand of Grace Community hospitality that we call “Grace-pitality”. It’s a wonderful introduction to service-related ministry and is often the first step a seeker takes on the path of servanthood. Through the various aspects of Welcome Ministry, volunteers live out their gifts of hospitality, helps, service, and administration as they live into Grace Community’s mission statement of “Christ, through grace, restoring lives and transforming seekers to servants.”
- Ushers & Greeters – Be the friendly “face of Grace” that greets and welcomes worshippers, hands out bulletins, and assists in worship by passing out registration books and helping with offering collection
- Coffee & Cappuccino – Serve hot coffee and cappuccino with a warm greeting and smile
- Bakers & Takers –Bake cookies for Welcome Bags, then help with delivery to first time visitors in your neighborhood
- Communion Bread Bakers – Bake bread for monthly communion services and assist in setting up and clearing the altar
- Special Events Team – Assist with planning and serving at church-wide events such as Methodist Madness, Holy Week Happening, Back-2-School Pool Party, and others
For information about Welcome Ministry, please contact Pam Kintner at the church office 865-2070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caring Ministry provides compassionate care and support during the many stages and circumstances of life as we live into community with one another through loving service. Using gifts of mercy, encouragement, helps, hospitality, and the creative arts, caring ministry volunteers become Christ’s hands and feet as they reach out to those who need a special touch from God and a reminder of His grace. In addition to providing much needed aid and assistance, caring ministry offers abundant opportunities for those seeking to get involved in mission activities through Stephen Ministry, Neighbors Helping Neighbors, Hospital & Nursing Home Visitation Team, Meals on Wheels, Threads of Love Knitting Ministry, Caring Card Ministry. Through Caring ministries, the lives of both the receiver AND the giver are restored and transformed.
- Stephen Ministry – Stephen Ministry offers one-on-one confidential caring relationships to those who are experiencing a crisis or life challenge. Stephen Ministers receive 50 hours of training, monthly supervision, and continuing education sessions..
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors – Volunteers meet at the church to prepare home-cooked meals that are frozen and readily available for those in need.
- Hospital and Nursing Home Visitation Team – Give the gift of time and reach out in love to those who are hospitalized or living in area nursing homes.
- Meals on Wheels – Deliver meals provided by Caddo Council on Aging to several elderly residents of the Eden Gardens neighborhood.
- Threads of Love Knitting Ministry – Share your “gifts of yarn” by knitting or crocheting prayer shawls and baby blankets and wrap someone in love.
- Caring Card Ministry – Send cards and notes of encouragement and caring on behalf of the church
- Wednesday Night Prayer Group – Join with other prayer warriors in the Prayer Room from 5:30-6:30pm each Wednesday afternoon to pray for the church and the concerns submitted by worshippers.
For additional information about Caring Ministry, please contact Pam Kintner at the church office 865-2070 or email@example.com.