Grace Community’s facilities are used for more than just Sunday worship; we also provide space for classes, support groups, and civic/cultural activities. Our Welcome Ministry works to create an atmosphere of hospitality for anyone on our campus. Through the various aspects of Welcome Ministry, volunteers share their gifts of hospitality, service, and administration as they live into Grace Community’s mission statement of “Christ, through grace, restoring lives and transforming seekers to servants.”
This ministry area includes:
- Ushers & Greeters – the friendly “face of Grace” greeting worshippers, handing out bulletins, and assisting in worship.
- Coffee & Cappuccino – Serving hot coffee and cappuccino with a warm greeting and smile
- Bakers & Takers –Bake cookies for Welcome Bags, then help with delivery to first time visitors in your neighborhood
- Communion Bread Bakers – Baking bread for monthly communion services and assisting in setting up and clearing the altar
- Special Events Team – Assisting with planning and serving at church-wide events such as Methodist Madness, Holy Week Happening, Back-2-School Pool Party, and others
Want to get involved in this important part of our church life?
Have an idea for how we can make our campus even more welcoming?
Contact Betsy Eaves, Pastor of Congregational Care & Welcome Ministry
Are you a current Welcome Ministry volunteer? Click here to see the schedule.